Wednesday, April 23, 2008

1 Week!!

I am so glad that I have one week to go..... I feel like this month has been an eternity. Last night, Matt and I went to Heber, to do some work for my dad, and at dinnertime, I suggested that we walk to go get food (it was a few more blocks then I had thought...haha). Anyway, it was probably quite entertaining for Matt, because for the last little while whenever I stand or walk, I am having a Braxton Hick contraction. It has quite confused me though, because it isn't really like having contractions....just one long contraction with ups and downs, no breaks. The only time they go away is when I am sitting or laying down, and even then, I am getting them. But when we were walking I got 2 extremely painful contractions (including sharp back pain, and I wasn't able to walk through it 100%). I was so excited at first thinking this has got to do something.... but unfortunately sitting down for dinner ruined everything. I don't know what to think, but Matt teases me that I am not even going to know when I am in really labor, because whenever I am up and around having contractions, I just try ignore them figuring that the are not real, because I hate getting my hopes up. I don't like even trying to time them, because that just makes me even more frustrated. Well I have a doctors appointment today at 4:00, so when I get back I will give an update about what he has to say.

3 comments:

Logan and Jennilee said...

That sounds painful! But it is so exciting that you are going to have a cute little girl! Its funny because I was almost positive that I was going to have a girl, but I am so excited to have a boy! We'll have to keep our babes close!

Valerie said...

mSo it is 6:40 pm and you have not posted to your blog yet- i cant wait to know what your Dr. Appt was like. With only 7 days left you could really go at ANY time good luck with sleeping walking or standing in the meantime. :)

bridget said...

I feel for you...I start having those weird contraction/braxton hicks things at 20 weeks. It sucks! Then I get put on bedrest. I sincerely hope, for your future pregnancies, these things stick to the last month of your pregnancies!

I wake up every day and think, "I hope Carolynn has her baby today." I can only imagine how drawn out this time seems to you.

Hang in there! We are thinking of you ALL the time...not that it really helps much physically.